I’m back from a great week in the Netherlands, where I, in the company of good friends, visited Amsterdam and attended OHM. Before completing the lists of talks that I started in my previous post, I will share a few pictures.
Thomas and yours truly enjoying a beer at Café Captein & Co on Sunday, July 28:
It was one of the first beers that day, and it was the beginning of a small pub crawl…
Edward, yours truly and others (hmm, I don’t exactly remember who) getting ready for dinner with a 9.5% Westmalle at OHM on Friday, August 2:
Some of us visited the OHM lounge in the evening:
Thomas on the floor, Jacob and Kim on the couch. A very cozy place.
While waiting for dinner to be served at the camp site restaurant just outside OHM, we had some random, geeky fun:
The picture shows Jacob, yours truly, Thomas and Georg. Edward is behind the camera. It was on Saturday, August 3. Note the funny name of the beer – Texels Skuumkoppe. It is a local beer, as it is brewed on the island Texel.
Awesome and semi-awesome talks I attended at OHM:
- Lockpicking, a primer
- What you need to know about what you eat: health & weight
- 4G LTE security – what a hacker knows and doesn’t want you to know?
- Forensic Hardware Hacking @NFI
- Hard disks: More than just block devices
- Long-distance cycling and human powered vehicles — an overview
- Twilight: Dissecting a warez CD series
- The Great Spook Panel
- Remote exploiting the German postal voting system
- The computing challenge for the LHC physics research at CERN
- Internet law in NL: XS4ALL’s legal endeavours
- SIM card exploitation
- No More Lockpicking. Making The Open Source Lock.
Missed talks that I will watch later:
- Programming is terrible—Lessons learned from a life wasted
- Counter-cryptanalysis: fire retardant for the next Flame-like attack on MD5 & SHA-1
- Hacking your car with open source hardware and software
- Orchestrating a firesale
- Getting back at Trudy
- Rooting the HLRs: Mobile and critical infrastructure insecurity
- Feed the hacker, hack the business!
- Breaking the Taboo (film screening) (trailer on YouTube)
- NetBSD networking security vulnerability disclosure
- Do You Want To Know A Secret: A Brief History of Computer Forensics
- Hacking GPS
- Banking for Hackers
The video recordings from the tents are not processed yet, but the OHM guys have promised that they will be, in a not so distant future…
It feels good to be home again. I think I’ve socialized plenty for the time being and now I need some privacy. Also, I’ve missed my favorite music genre – metal. We have mostly been listening to pop and light rock in the car.
Let me end by mentioning that I find Amsterdam a lot more cozy and inviting than London. I compare Amsterdam to London, as I visited the latter in February. Do not forget to rent a boat and sail through the canals when you visit Amsterdam! It’s certainly worth it.