Surprise, surprise! After having talked about cars and insurance for a while, I have bought a car! Tried and paid yesterday, delivered today. I have mostly kept the news to myself and a handful of people on IRC – until now 🙂
It’s a Toyota Aygo and it’s my first car.
Update: Okay, so I’ve been thinking about what I’m going to use the car for. Before I list the applications, I must state that I fully admit that a car is a luxury thing for me. I’m almost 28, and I’ve coped without a car before today, and I’m still able to cope without one. The applications do, however, remind me that a car is a freakin’ nice invention 🙂
- Visiting my parents in Thy (the x-bus, i.e. the direct bus line, no longer stops in their town)
- Going hunting (the buses are still in their garage that early, they do not drive to my particular hunting spots, and, generally, I do not want to bring weapons and game in the bus…)
- Driving to work-related meetings out of town, e.g. in Århus
- Visiting friends who live out in the country (or just not in Aalborg)
- Going shopping and buying things that are difficult or impossible to carry on a bike (even though I have carried the most crazy things on my bike…)
- Driving to the countryside for running or mountain biking (I need to figure out how to bring my mountain bike)
- Driving to the fitness center when it’s raining (I see the irony, but it’s better to drive there in a car and do weight training than to stay at home)
*) Very theoretical!